Please refer to the pricing sheet, which details a number of extras that can be used to modify your Minim House.
We now have an operational production line for the Minim House. The manufactured version of the Minim House is a further refined version of the original. The new Minim can be ordered as a trailer or foundation built structure, and has 265 ft2 of usable interior space.
How to Order
1. Click and read Minim Homes 2017 Pricing+Options (pdf) + Review FAQ’s (below)
2. Complete form below
3. Minim Homes will contact you to finalize build details and delivery costs, and issue sales contract and first invoice. Payment terms are 50% upfront, 40% upon completion, 10% upon final delivery. Questions: contact brian at minimhomes.com
Can I finance my Minim House?
While Minim Built does not provide any direct financing, there are options available.
The foundation built Minims can by IRC certified, and qualify for all mortgage programs. The same mortgage rules and regulations apply to purchasing a Minim as to a 100% site-built home.
For a trailer-based Minim House, you have several options. Please see our sister site MicroShowcase for Financing Options.
Note that the Minim will soon qualify for traditional RV loan through its listing in the NADA Guide- we will be listed in the NADA guide within 3-6 months of production beginning. The RVIA & NADA certifications should open up a variety of additional loan products at other financial institutions.
Who is building the completed Minim Homes?
The completed Minim House will be offered by Minim Built, LLC in partnership with Minim Homes LLC. Minim Built works with a nationally recognized home manufacturer to quickly deliver high quality units across the country.
What is the lead time?
Your Minim unit will be complete approximately 8 weeks after Minim Built has received a signed Purchase Agreement, Deposit and final order details. Shipping times vary depending on distance from PA and weather.
What is the ordering process?
- Select Model and Options
- Receive final pricing and a Purchase Agreement from Minim Built LLC
- Return Purchase Agreement and 50% deposit (payment 1 of 3).
- Minim Built will notify you of schedule.
- Submit 40% payment (payment 2 of 3) when notified that unit is complete and ready for shipping.
- Submit final 10% payment (payment 3 of 3) once the unit is delivered, set and inspected.
Do you offer a warranty?
Your Minim will come with a manufacturers warranty.
Residential Units Only
Minim Built LLC (the “Manufacturer” herein), warrant to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER that its new residential rental unit will be free of Structural Defects (defined below) under normal use and care. This Limited Warranty applies only to units manufactured by Minim Built used for residential purposes.
- TERM. This Limited Warranty begins on the original in-service date and extends for a period of one year from that date for Structural Defects not expressly excluded from coverage. The original in-service date is the date of the certificate of occupancy.
- COVERAGE. “Structural Defects” covered under this Limited Warranty are as follows:
a. failures of the roof trusses or rafters, shingles or other roof covering, floor joints, wall framing (whether interior or exterior, but not including siding, wallboard, wall coverings or paneling);
b. substantial defects in the unit’s electrical wiring (other than electrical fixtures, fuses or circuit breakers); and
c. substantial defects in the unit’s plumbing system (not including plumbing fixtures such as faucets, sinks, toilets, tubs, etc.).
This Limited Warranty covers only those Structural Defects which become evident within the applicable warranty period and where written notice is provided to the manufacturer not later than ten (10) days after the expiration of such warranty period.
The Manufacturer will be responsible for cosmetic or non-structural defects only if reported prior to the first in-service date.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS. This Limited Warranty extends only to the repair or replacement, at Manufacturer’s discretion, of defective parts. This is the exclusive remedy available. Replacement parts may not be identical to the original parts.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
a. Defects or problems related to improper transportation or installation of the home;
b. Defects or problems related to improper site preparation, improper setup or leveling of the home;
c. Defects or problems related to soil conditions at site; such as settling of the soil or shifting soil conditions or problems resulting from an inadequate foundation, improper grading, settling, or improper drainage of the site (NOTE: It is recommended that downspouts and gutters be utilized to channel the water away from the structure.);
d. Failure to adequately ventilate the crawl space in accordance with the Cavco Set Up Manual or State or Local building codes, whichever is more stringent;
e. Failure to comply with instructions contained in the Manufacturer’s Set Up Manual and Owner’s Manual;
f. Any defect or damage caused by failure to maintain the home, abuse, misuse, neglect, carelessness, theft, vandalism, natural disasters, high winds, hail or ”acts of god.”
g. Routine maintenance such as leveling, adjusting doors and windows, caulking, etc.;
h. Any appliance, including, but not limited to, range and oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, furnace, washer, dryer, and garbage disposal. Appliances are usually covered by warranties from the manufacturers who made them. These warranties are included in the manufactured home owner’s packet with the Owner’s Manual or are located on the appliance itself. IN ANY CASE, THE MANUFACTURER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO SUCH APPLIANCES, WHETHER SUCH APPLIANCES ARE OTHERWISE WARRANTED OR NOT;
i. Deterioration from wear or exposure (Please refer to Owner’s Manual);
j. Any defect caused by alteration, modification or re-installation of the home;
k. Deterioration caused by loads for which the home was not designed to support or resist;
l. Alterations or modifications provided by retailer or other third parties; such as damage due to improper placement of A/C condensation line, mismatched shingles, damage due to improper dryer venting or damage to bottom board by third party installations such as water, electric, sewer, gas or HVAC;
m. Water distribution leaks on systems that have water pressure supplies at 80 psi or greater;
n. Roof leaks caused by ice or debris build-up, or water ponding on the roof;
o. Loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, loss of use of the home, incidental charges such as telephone calls, hotel bills or other incidental or consequential damages.
p. The use of portable kerosene heater or other type of fuel in the home;
q. Use of the home as a support structure for objects attached to it such as awnings, carports, garages, etc.;
r. Problems resulting from condensation;
s. Mold. If mold growth results from a condition that is no longer covered by the One Year Limited Warranty, the owner will be responsible for all costs of remediation and repair. If, however, mold growth results from a condition that is still under warranty (e.g., a plumbing or roof leak within the covered warranty period), the Manufacturer is responsible for the following:
- Repair of the leak or condition that caused the mold growth;
- Removal or cleaning of affected building materials;
The Manufacturer will NOT be responsible for any other losses, damages, or claims, caused or alleged to be caused by MICROBIAL MATTER or other alleged contamination, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury, loss of income, legal fees or expenses, emotional distress, mental anguish, death, loss of use, loss of value, all other economic loss, adverse health effects, or any other effects.
- LIMITATION AND DISCLAIMER. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, HABITABILITY AND WORKMANSHIP, AND IS ALSO IN LIEU OF ANY CLAIMS OF MENTAL ANGUISH OR DISTRESS, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOSS OF USE OF HOME, TELEPHONE CHARGES, HOTEL BILLS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL CHARGES OR COSTS) AND FOR DAMAGES BASED ON NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD OR MISREPRESENTATION AND IN CONSIDERATION OF THE RECEIPT OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE BUYER HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND DISCLAIMS ANY SUCH WARRANTIES AND CLAIMS. IN STATES WHERE DISCLAIMERS OF THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE INVALID; SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO A PERIOD OF TWELVE MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE. ANY DISPUTE RELATING TO WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR THE MANUFACTURER’S RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF MOLD, INCLUDING ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM, IS SUBJECT TO THE APPLICABLE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS OF THE RETAIL PURCHASE CONTRACT AND THIS WARRANTY. NOTE: SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISCLAIMER OF UNAUTHORIZED AGREEMENTS. MANUFACTURER IS NOT BOUND BY NOR LIABLE FOR ANY AGREEMENT OR COMMITMENT MADE BY ITS EMPLOYEES, RETAILERS OR AGENTS THAT ARE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, UNLESS SUCH AGREEMENT OR COMMITMENT IS IN WRITING SIGNED BY THE FACTORY GENERAL MANAGER OR SERVICE MANAGER.
- WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEDURES. The procedure for processing a claim under this Limited Warranty is as follows:
a. First, give the Retailer from whom you purchased the unit notice of any damage or defect, itemize the damage and defects, and explain your specific problem. The model, serial number, your date of purchase and original in-service date should be provided with any claim or complaint.
b. If your Retailer is unavailable or is unable to resolve your claim within a reasonable time, you should notify the Service Department at the manufacturer division that produced your rental unit. You may contact them by phone or in writing. The phone number and address are printed at the front of the Homeowner’s Manual. Please have your unit’s serial number, date of purchase and name of Retailer available when you call.
c. If your division is unable to resolve your claim within a reasonable time, give written notice to Cavco Industries, Inc., 1001 N. Central Ave., Suite 800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, attention: Director of Consumer Affairs, and provide information regarding the specific nature of your claim, the model and serial number of your unit, your date of purchase and your original in-service date. In your written you must specifically itemize all damages and defects. Damages or defects not itemized may not be repaired or replaced at the same time as those itemized.
d. Claims relating to appliances purchased with the unit should be directed to a local service center or retailer for each appliance manufacturer. In most cases, the service card accompanying such appliance will list the area service center or dealer nearest you, from which additional information may be obtained.
- TIME LIMITATION ON LEGAL ACTION. ANY LEGAL ACTION TO ENFORCE THIS LIMITED WARRANTY MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN TWELVE (12) MONTHS AFTER EXPIRATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS WARRANTY IS EFFECTIVE FOR ALL RESIDENTIAL UNITS PRODUCED ON OR AFTER JUNE 1, 2014.
What are shipping costs?
The Minim is currently shipping from Pennsylvania to any location in the continental US. As shipping quotes are custom, please contact us for a shipping quote. Sample rates are below:
- To Boston MA: $2940
- To Atlanta GA: $3300
- To Chicago IL: $2480
- To Denver CO: $5730
- To Austin TX: $5840
- To Portland OR: $9330
Can I get Insurance?
YES. For a foundation based Minim House, insurance is available through any homeowner insurance agency.
For trailer-based Minim House, there are a number of options. Check out our sister website, which lists them all: http://microshowcase.com/policy/insurance/
Can I tow my Minim House?
If you order your Minim on a trailer, you can tow it. The Minim meets federal highway towing standards for height to not exceed 13’-6”. The 12’-0” width requires a special “Wide Load” permit. Some secondary/local roads may have underpasses lower than 13’-6” that would prohibit towing. We generally recommend hiring a professional hauler to move the house, who can arrange necessary insurance, wide load permitting, and overpass screening.
What type of trailer comes with the Minim?
When the Minim House is ordered on a trailer, we use a very robust custom built 20,000 GVWR triple axle trailer. The trailer is specifically designed with low profile features so the house is as close to the ground as possible.
What type of foundation can I use?
If you order or decide to build a foundation built Minim House, you will need to prepare a foundation for the unit. Options include piers, concrete slab or skids.
What are the insulation levels?
The insulation levels meet or exceed minimum requirements for all climate zones in the 2012 IECC/IRC
- Floor: R-40
- Walls: R-23
- Roof: R-49
Will the trailer version of the Minim House be listed with NADA?
NADA provides a database of cars, trucks, and RV’s that insurance agents and banks use for valuing property, issuing loans and insurance products. Minim Built LLC can (and will) file for listing with
MinimBuilt will acquire NADA certification (as Tumbleweed and others have done) once the first completed Minim House has been produced. This will allow customers to approach their own credit union and bank for an RV loan to purchase a Minim House.
Is the trailer version of Minim House RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) certified?
All trailer-based Minim Homes will comply with RVIA standards and will include an RVIA compliant label on the door. What this means: the RVIA categorizes the Minim House as a ‘Park Model Recreational Vehicle’ (PMRV). In brief, to qualify for RVIA-PMRV certification, the builder is a member of the RVIA, complies with RVIA manufacturer compliance standards (ANSI A119.5 standards, NFPA 70 for electrical), maintains a quality control manual (RVIA Handbook), and agrees to voluntary inspection by RVIA inspectors (per the RVIA trailer inspection program). Please note that a PMRV is considered a recreational vehicle, and is not considered a permanent house, and therefore is not build to the HUD requirements that manufactured homes are mandated to comply with.
What’s different between the completed Minim unit I may buy and the one built from the plans I can buy on the website?
Based on extensive customer feedback, the completed Minim has a few refinements not available in the model build from the plans:
- Structure: The completed Minim is built with more traditional stick framing, not SIPs panels. However insulation values are quite similar. The original Minim used SIPs for the walls and roof. While SIPs are an excellent product that result in a very tight, well-insulated building, and assist the construction process for DIYers, they added expense and complications to our manufacturing process. The MinimBuilt products use conventional framing with 2” of exterior rigid insulation on the walls and roof. The 2” exterior blanket plus cavity insulation and air-tight drywall construction creates a very thermally efficient building envelope that is very similar to the original Minim.
- Width/Length: At 12.5’ wide, it is 1.5’ wider, and 24′ long (2′ longer). We have added an extra foot of width to make room for a wider bathroom with a separate shower (the original Minim has a wet bath) and the option of moving the closet from the loft to an area adjacent to the bath.
- Windows: We are using the same windows as in the original Minim but we have changed the coinfiguration a bit.
- Front: Same size as the original but now all operable
- Kitchen: Now (3) units with the center one operable for kitchen area venting
- Rear: We have reduced the length of these windows by 2’ to allow room for a closet adjacent to the bathroom.
- Bath/Loft: We have added optional awning windows.
- Bath: has a standalone shower area (no wet bath), and bathroom door.
- Closet: Optional and can be located either on the loft (a 5’ closet as in the original) or adjacent to the bath (a 4’ closet), or you can have closets in both locations.
Do I need permits to build or park my Minim House?
You are responsible for knowing and complying with your local zoning and codes pertaining to siting a foundation or trailer-based Minim House. Minim Homes LLC and Minim Built LLC assume no responsibility.
Can you modify the house to be longer/shorter/wider?
For both Minim House plans and completed units, this would require a complete re-engineering, and is not possible at this time. We have attempted to simplify construction and options to deliver the best value to customers.
What modifications are available?
What can you fit in the 5′ closet?
Over the bed is a standard 5’ long closet. We’ve tried it out- it can fit 25 hanging dress shirts, 20 t-shirts, 15 pairs of socks, two coats, two suits, 21 ties, 6 sweaters, 7 pairs of shoes, a wetsuit, and guitar bag. And a roller suitcase, large backpack full of camping gear, a 10 tray food dehydrator, a toolbox, a small welding machine, a printer/copier, cordless vacuum, 3 kites, 4 bike panniers, a folding BBQ grill, and the battery bank, inverter, and charger that allow the house to be off grid. There is still some room to spare.