See a Minim House at the upcoming Maryland Home Show!
Mini. Minimal. Minimum. Minim House seeks to fully reimagine the mobile micro home, adding livability, streamlining construction, modernizing aesthetics, increasing off-grid versatility, all while keeping costs affordable.
What would a Tiny House 2.0 look like? Over 7 months of design work took into account many of the concerns heard from tiny house enthusiasts, and offers:
- Easy pull out floor bed with full mattress (no loft to crawl up, cooler in the summer, simple bed-making).
- 60% more window area compared to leading plans
- No walls to diminish sense of space.
- Just a little more space (210 ft2) for full 1-2 person living and entertaining: a 10′ kitchen, a 5′ closet, 8′ sofa/guest bed, dedicated office area, 4′ dining table, comfortable seating for 7, and a 7′ projection screen.
- Greatly streamlined framing and insulation with standardized SIPs panels (shipped nationwide).
- Easier finishing: just 3 windows and 1 door to install; no window/door trim work on exterior or interior.
- 2-3x insulation levels for better energy efficiency and soundproofing.
- Health and safety improved with ERV fan systems for improved air quality.
- Innovative table system that may be raised/lowered/swiveled in 4 floor sockets to function as kitchen island/bar, second desk, coffee table, dining table, and bedside table.
- Detachable design (house may be undocked from trailer with 15 bolts).
- Off-grid design for areas without water/sewer/electric hookups.
- Integrated rain catchment/storage with no visible gutters.
- Integrated a/c (no unsightly mini-split or window units)